Wednesday, 10 December 2014

here's an idea - let's legislate against death


This is what Parks and Wildlife are going to build at the Gap - I am almost speechless and beyond pissed off. To add insult to injury, the public have also been requesting that toilets be built out there. 

I don't blame P & W, or the City Council. I don't blame the engineer - it's actually a really good looking design. I do blame litigation and public liability laws. But above all, I blame humanity's inability to come to grips with a psychological archetype that, in my not so humble opinion, underpins every single problem on Planet earth - the Fear of Death.

I have blogged about death many times, so I am not going over old ground, except to say that this has to be one of the ugliest demonstrations of humanity's denial of its mortality. The recent outpouring of grief over a 23 year old cricketer who just shouldn't have died confirms it - how dare death take him when he was so young and good at his sport.

This platform is another ridiculous and futile attempt to tame nature, make people feel 'safe' and shackle the wild animal in all of our psyches. It makes me want to go there - dance like a banshee and scream in front of all those tourists. Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrkkkkkk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ends & beginnings

Today marks the end of 16 years of continuous study - starting with an arts degree, on to Honours, a Phd, then graphic design and concept ...