Friday, 28 October 2016

I'm living in projection 'purgatory'



“Projection means the expulsion of a subjective content into an object; it is the opposite of introjection...it is a process of dissimilation, by which a subjective content becomes alienated from the subject and is....embodied in the object. The subject gets rid of painful, incompatible contents by projecting them.”(1)

Isn't this the entire issue behind all conflict in the world? It's always the 'other' that is at fault. And behind this the inability to integrate one's own dark side. I don't take the position that 'politicians' are driving this - they are simply giving the people what they want: absolution from responsibility. Which of course plays into the power-seeking hands of those who seek dominion over others to avoid taking responsibility for themselves. Perfect dance partners. I'd like to believe I am living in a time where consciousness is evolving - but on a world scale I don't see much evidence of that. If anyone can point me to some examples that contradict that view I would be happy to be wrong.

1. Jungcurrents: Jung: Collected Works 6, Paragraph 783

1 comment:

  1. So with you here Michelle. I cannot think of an entire scenario to completely contradict this dysfunction but I can think of individuals who do contradict it. I hope for hope :~)

    ReplyDelete